Don't understand the lead-in/lead-out

Started by bridgewater studio, April 30, 2018, 09:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgewater studio

Hi Johannes,

I've attached the files for a very simple hotwire cut that I want to do to square up the top of the part. PRC is throwing the robot way out off target in an unexpected way that I can't figure out how to stop. Can you see what I'm missing?

Thanks,
John

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

You need to consider the tool frame of your hotwire cutter, where currently Y is the axis that represents the wire and Z is facing towards the flange.
You then created XY planes, where Z was facing upwards. Now the robot just cannot reach that position, because it's too far away. I've made an example where the code tries to optimize the reachability so that the Z axis of the plane faces towards a given point (e.g. close to the robot) and it then rotates it until the Y axis (the wire) is at the right position - in your example horizontally.
And I've noticed that you have set the speed of the cutting process to 0.002 m/sec, i.e. 2mm per second, which may be a bit slow.

Hope that works!
Best,
Johannes

bridgewater studio

Thanks for clearing that up for me! This is what I was actually trying to do without really knowing how to get to this solution.