Video Tutorial - Pick & Place Part 1

Started by singline, February 09, 2017, 02:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

singline

In this robotics tutorial I go through the basics of setting up a simple pick and place command script for a KUKA robot.

Tutorial here: http://bit.ly/KUKA_PickPlace

Cian

Hi,

I've been following your tutorials and think they're great. I successfully followed the draw/engrave tutorial and was able to replicate what you had done and then change the parameters to suit the robot I am working with (KR6 r900). However when I follow this tutorial (pick and place prt 1) my simulation robot does not generate and I can't test/simulate the script. I have tested to ensure the prc is still working in the grasshopper document from the drawing tutorial and it is.
I am new to grasshopper though I could be missing something.
Any ideas why this might be happening and how to troubleshoot?
I'm using Rhino 6 and KUKA|prc (TRIAL)

Any help you can give with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

I'm not the creator of the tutorial, but it does seem more like a technical issue.
When you say that your simulation does not "generate", do you mean that it does not create the *.src file, or that there is no robot?
Do you get any error message? These are the small message balloons in the upper corner of the component, you can left-click them.

Best,
Johannes

singline

Hi Cian,

Really glad you find the video tutorials helpful.

Would you be able to upload your gh and 3dm (if you're referencing any data from rhino) so I can have a quick look?

danhantaohomemas

Lucky, I found this tutorial video. This is my first time participating in a forum full of novelty and robotics techniques

singline