Compilation error, - "Component not of this type"

Started by hyun.parke, March 26, 2017, 12:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hyun.parke

Hello,

I have recently started milling surfaces with KR6 900 with Kress 1050 spindle.

KUKA PRC works fine most of the time but sometimes when the src file is moved to the KRC - meaning when the file is compiled, - I am given a compilation error.

Sometimes it only gives a few lines of error, which I can manually work on but the file I am attaching gives me a whopping 900 lines of errors when the total number of lines is around 930.

Simulation doesn't show anything much, it looks fine as the ones that work okay.

What could have caused this error and how can I prevent it?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

It seems that you have used the "Safe Space" option - it seems that it is causing problems (there are blocks with "AX" for some reason), so please deactivate it and it should work just fine. It would be great if you could send me the GH file, then I can try to find the problem. It might also be that this has already been fixed for the member version.

Best,
Johannes

hyun.parke

Thanks Johannes for quick reply,

Safe space option? I assume it is related to code generation so I looked up  KUKA PRC settings, but can't find it.

Where should I look for? Or do you mean by safe plane?

Hello,
Sorry, the exact name would be "Reduce Filesize - Skip Redundant Positions" in the settings via Advanced/Code. Without it, there shouldn't be a problem. Or upgrade to the member version, which is at least one year ahead of the trial version.
Best,
Johannes

hyun.parke

Thanks Johannes, will try with the reduce filesize unchecked.

By they way I already have a member license from this year!  :D

I know, I unlocked you yesterday!
But you need to download it from the member section if you haven't done so already!

Best, Johannes

hyun.parke

Okay here's the definition I'm having trouble with.

I kept getting the same error message so I simplified it down, but still getting the same compilation errors.

Hello,

Here's your file back - the Reduce Filesize option was enabled, now I've turned it off. Also, the Safe Plane component needs a plane as the input, not a surface (though it might still work due to GH's creative casting).
Note that your referenced Rhino geometry was missing, so I filled in some placeholders.

Best,
Johannes