WISH : I/O status component

Started by Xylotica, May 30, 2017, 10:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xylotica

Hi !

While running a simulation, it would be nice to have components which inherit in real-time the I/O values so as to display some kind of user-friendly indicator.
I like using Human's "Render text to screen" component to have a "glass cockpit" feedback of what's going on.

I'm still not very happy with the overlay mode of the simulation graphs : when zoomed, it often gets in such a position that it can't be closed.
Also, the zooming makes it pixelized, and the I/O indications are still not very helpful shown like that.

Cheers,

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Integration of IO values into the Analysis component sounds doable, I'll look into that soon!

Best,
Johannes

Hello,

Please take a look at the most recent release, where the Analysis component now outputs the IO states. Let me know if it works for you!

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

Thanks.
I suppose that the "mxAutomation" thing is only compatible with KRC4 robots.

Could you confirm ?

Cheers,

Hello,

Yes, you need a current KRC4 robot as well as the mxAutomation techpackage itself!

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Meh... for the ones born with a silver spoon in their mouth !
;)

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

I checked out the "IO" output from the "Analysis data" component.
This does not seem to allow me to know the status of the IOs during my simulation.
It just tells what values thay have for each frame.

I'd like to display the values on the screen as I scroll the simulation slider, or as I "Play" the simulation.

Cheers,

Hello,

You mean the current IO values only?

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

I need to know the OUTPUT values at the current simulation point.
With that, I can enrich the simulation.
For example, suppose you added a "Color" input in the "Custom tool" component, I could turn the tool red when it is activated by an output signal.
Or at least display a text on the screen stating "Tool activated".

Do you see what I mean to do here ?

Hello,

I have some ideas on how to implement tool states, it's on my todo list already, but I'll push it up!

Best,
Johannes

Hello,

As a first step, you can now get the index of the currently displayed robot state from the Analysis component. So e.g. simplify the output of the IO Analysis output and then use the Tree Branch component to retrieve the current IO state.

Best,
Johannes