Suspended KUKA

Started by singline, November 27, 2017, 11:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

singline

Hey guys,

I'm working on an inverted agilus KR10 900 for the first time that is ceiling mounted on a railing. When I enter the base data into KUKA|PRC the robot is right way up and I'm basically working upside within Rhino & grasshopper, making it near impossible - any tips on how to better calibrate base and/or sync the simulation so that everything is as though it appears in real world?

Attached a photo of the KUKA

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

That looks like a nice setup there! Is the rail synced, or not using a KUKA motor?
We would need to integrate the rail, though you can also just use the generic rail to get started, if you don't mind it being much too large.
in any case, it seems as if the ROBROOT is flipped, you can do that in PRC e.g. via the Custom Robot component.
See the example attached below!

Best,
Johannes

singline

Hi Johannes,

An incredibly professional setup, but a little smaller than I'm used to! Once I have everything synced in KUKA PRC, I'm hoping it will be a lot of fun!

How do I know if the rail is synced? Its setup on E1 and I can move it using the pendant and has software switches for its distances? What is the process to integrate the rail? Time and money wise - so I can inform the university?

99% sure the ROBROOT has C set to 180..

Heres hoping I have more of a productive day today than yesterday!

singline

.. and any tips/examples on using a linear rail?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

To check if the base is synced, you would usually just switch into a Cartesian movement mode (e.g. World), then switch to the external axis and move it. If everything is working, the tooltip should stay in place, while the rest of the robot is moving along the rail. On the other hand, if you move the E1 in the Axis movement mode, only the rail will move, while the robot will stand still.

We generally implement new external axis systems for academic members for free, so they would just need to become members.
Time-wise I cannot give you a reliable estimate, it takes a bit of time doing it, but the main challenge is finding time to do it in the first place ;)
Until when would you need it?

Best,
Johannes