Visual Studio, Grasshopper, and KukaPRC DLL Error

Started by GammaNYC, December 14, 2017, 07:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GammaNYC

After installing KukaPrc I have problems developing C# components in Visual studio. When I compile and grasshopper opens (F5) it gives me a few errors (see attached images). Even though I am not using KukaPRC for the particular component I am developing. It just gets stuck loading that dll.
The funny thing is that when I open rhino outside of VS, I can still run the components I developed, so the errors must not be super critical, (more on the loading side) however they do stop me from launching GH directly from VS, hence my need to fix this.

Any suggestions?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

That is strange, because I'm often developing separate components in GH and did not come across that. I remember it from the old PRC (i.e. 4 years or so ago) where we had a somehow overzealous obfuscation software.
I'll look into that early next week - in the meantime you could try to exclude VS from automatically loading the PRC dlls.

Best,
Johannes

GammaNYC

Thanks for looking into it. Let me know if you need any debugging output from me to diagnose the problem. I am running VS 2015 and Rhino 5.

GammaNYC

Also not too sure how to exclude specific DLLs from a project that loads Grasshopper.Kernel (I assume all DLLs get loaded together). Do you have any suggestions on how to approach that?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

If you go to Tools/Options/Debugging in Visual Studio you should see an option to exclude "modules". I believe this is where you exclude dlls!
Best,
Johannes