MXA questions

Started by ethan, June 06, 2018, 01:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethan

Hello Forum.
I am working with MXA and am having a hard time getting it to run consistently.
I often get the following errors and I am not sure what is triggering them or how to solve them:
any advice on what these mean and potential causes?I know that is a broad questions sorry. and thanks. E

[MXA] 783
UDP connection timeout 3000 ms triggered

Robot stopped by SoftPLC (MXA_SYN)
Originator KS

MXA414: TIMEOUT HEARTBEAT FROM PLC

KSS00108 Dynamic Braking Active

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Usually timeouts are due to performance hickups on the Windows side, or a flaky network connection.
However 3000ms are extremely high. Where are you based? I might be able to provide you with an early version that works a bit differently (and hopefully better) than before!
For general troubleshooting you can take a look at the Diagnostic Monitor and look at the activity on the KLI network port as well as at the ProconOS - so if there are connection outages, you should see that easily. You could also play with the KUKA testprogram a bit to see if the problem also happens there.

Best,
Johannes

ethan

Johannes thanks for your reply.
Can you expand on where I would find the Diagnostic Monitor to look at the KLI network port activity
and also where the ProconOS is?
Are these accessed from the KUKA pendant?
I guess I might as well also just ask
where and what is the KUKA testprogram?
This is different than the simulations from PRC ...?

Thanks for sharing your amazing amount of knowledge!
Kind Regards. ;D
e

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Here you go, see the screenshots below!
I couldn't find the KLI section on my virtual robot, but I think that I remember it from the last time I troubleshooted it on an actual robot. Might also be related to the KSS version.
Also, make sure to upgrade PRC to the latest release, and don't use the "realtime" mode as it never really ran nicely, which is why it is grayed out in the current releases!

Best,
Johannes