Importing G-code from MasterCam and coverting it to PRC

Started by fr1670, July 05, 2018, 11:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fr1670

Hello all,

I understand in the membership version you can take g-code from spurt cam and covert it to robot language. I am wondering if anyone has done this with master cam G-code and if so did you come across any issues?

Regards,
Nick   

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

We worked a lot with SprutCAM before, more recently for teaching and milling projects that are not too complicated we rely increasingly on Autodesk Fusion 360, as our students use it quite often for modelling.
So for both of these programs there are ways to import G-code into KUKA|prc.
However they work with custom postprocessors, so it's probably not that easy to take G-code from another software like MasterCAM.

I do not have access to MasterCAM at the moment, so I cannot really develop a workflow for it. I believe the default robot solution for MasterCAM would be RobotMaster, but of course it does not have all the capabilities of Grasshopper environment.

If you know how to write MasterCAM postprocessors yourself, you may be able to write G-code that looks similar to the code coming out of SprutCAM, though. So you would be able to use that component to get toolpaths from MasterCAM.

Best,
Johannes

fr1670

Hello,

Thank you for the response. In spurt cam what post processors setting do you have to use for KUKA PRC?

Regards,
Nick

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Nick,

The postprocessors for SprutCAM and Fusion can be generated by right-clicking the GH components in the member version of PRC; it's not included with SprutCAM by default!

Best,
Johannes