Problem with KRL output on Analysis component

Started by TimKennt, October 09, 2023, 11:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimKennt

Hi there everyone,

I'm trying to do some post-processing on the KRL output within the same Grasshopper file. However, with the 'output KRL to analysis' activated, the analysis component seems to stall and Grasshopper becomes inresponsive. Even when the solver is locked, this problem remains.

I'm a bit lost now. Any thoughts?   

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Grasshopper really does not like dealing with long lists of data. Does the freeze happen also with less complex files? If it's not the project size, could you share a file where it happens? Thanks!

Best,
Johannes

TimKennt

Hi Johannes,

KUKA PRC has no serious problems with the data. Outputting a KRL file to en folder is going pretty well and doesn't take al that long.
It's specifically the analysis component that's struggling and keeps on struggling long after is had already processed everything. In the panel I can see the generated KRL code, so it's done calculating but remains very slow after. For instance it takes more than 2-3 minutes to proces a zoom command.

I'll test if a smaller list will have no issues.

TimKennt

An update:

I've tested the calculations withe bottleneck navigator and found that the Analysis component has similar calculating time as the KUKA PRC component when no KRL code is pushed to the Analysis component:
KUKA PRC: 359ms
Analysis: 467ms

Also, Grasshopper is completely responsive after the calculations and acts normal.

With the 'Output KRL to Analysis component' option enabled times are very similar (though seamingly switched):

KUKA PRC: 450ms
Analysis: 374ms

Nevertheless Grasshopper is very inresponsive after the calculations are done and KRL code is visible in the panel....

Hello,

That sounds very much like a Grasshopper limitation. Could you try putting the Analysis component into a cluster and check if that makes a difference? It may be just GH trying to display a huge text file...

Best,
Johannes

TimKennt

Yup, that seems to be it! Didn't know that panels with larger amounts of text were so demanding.

Thanks for helping me out here Johannes!