WISH : "Official" enhanced "Tool axis offset" component

Started by Xylotica, September 17, 2018, 07:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

You remember I asked for an enhancement of the "Tool axis offset" component which would allow to control independently the speeds of the various phases of travel :
-"Flyover" speed (typically high to avoid losing time between operations
-"Dive" speed (Typically a bit lower)
-"Process" speed -> Here, I actually wish there was no input since the speed is set upstream ; this component should only be relevant to the offset movements and the "Flyover".
-"Retract" speed

Thoughts ?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Sounds good, will look into that. I'll need to look into the most understandable CNC terms for it. Probably Rapid for Flyover, Approach and Retract?
Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

I've spotted a bug with the "Experimental" offset tool you sent me : it adds an extra line at the beginning, just after the plunge move (start offset), and forgets the last move before the end offset.
I use this tool a lot ; I really hope you can come up with this in a not too distant future.

Xylotica

I made further checks, and found out that the "Standard" Tool offset component is also kind of flakey.
It doesn't add a line in the beginning, apparently, but still suppresses a line in the end...sometimes.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Can you send me the GH file where this happens? The tool offset code is basically the same since 5 years or so and I've never heard of that issue.
My guess would be that there is an invalid plane or something that causes problems on the GH side.

I'll have to send you a preview of the next PRC sometimes, which contains a few of your suggestions like the changes tool offset component and the relative graph!

Best,
Johannes