WISH : Analysis - Null Axis values if out of range

Started by Xylotica, September 19, 2018, 06:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xylotica

I wish that the Analysis output for Angles were null for each axis which is out of range.
This would allow to make custom axis value displays as in the attached, but with a specific warning for the relevant axis.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

For me the problem with NaN or null is that it doesn't tell you if it's exceeding the range in positive or negative direction.
We already provide the Reachability output in the Analysis component - doesn't that do the job?
You could just replace the axis values with NaN based on that output, if you want to.

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Hmmm...Reachability....
I failed to understand why there are 10 values, and why they are either "All zeros" or "All ones", so I dismissed the idea.

I'll look into the all 0/1, but the ten values refer to a maximum of 10 axes, 6 + 4 external ones.

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Ah, OK, I learned something here.

To illustrate the "All zeros" or "All ones"... see attached

Hmmm... I wasn't able to replicate that, see the attached screenshot.
It may be that your position is completely out of range, i.e. unreachable, no matter the axis limit? Like e.g. when you put a position 10.000mm away from the robot's center.

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Nope, I can see that I have an angle value for A1, but still get all Ones.
Moreover, why would I have values for axii 7 to 10 since I haven't used them ?

Here's an example to illustrate it.
The first PTP and LIN positions are outside of the A5 reach, so that A5 is 1. The next position cannot be reached at all, which is why all axes are at 1. The axis value that you are getting is only the (more or less) maximum extension so that you can see where the unreachable position is located at. I believe that's better than just having the robot disappear when there is no mathematical solution.

Best,
Johannes