How do I begin my journey into Architectural Robotics?

Started by akengi, September 18, 2018, 09:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akengi

Dear All community members,

I am writing this post to seek your kind guidance and advice.

I am an Architect with a recent research based qualification in Mechanical System Engineering, where I honed skills in computer vision and python programming. I really wish to work on developing the field of robotics in architecture by working on the missing element of smart robotics which not only follows the designers set protocol but also has the ability to give feedback and improvise on it by using its senses like vision and deep learning.

While I have seen a few opportunities come in the last six months for research , unfortunately they all only invite EU/UK nationals.

I do realize that google is my best friend when searching for opportunities in research, but I still would love to hear from you all of any out of the box ideas you all might have which may help in continuing my research endeavors. 

I hope the admin supports my post and allows me to post.

Looking forward to interacting with you all!

Regards
Akanksha R

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Well, I'd say it depends on which direction you want to take, if you want to work at a company, found a startup or do academic research.
I'm guessing that you are outside the EU and US, so it may make sense to enroll for a relevant Master or PhD program, also to acquire skills with robots. There are several countries in Europe with good academic programs and very low or free tuition. Note that there are usually restrictions on how much you are allowed to earn with a student visa.
I don't think your nationality is a problem - you just need to be allowed to work in the EU or UK, you don't need to be from there. I would assume that if you finish an academic program it would be easier to get a work permit in that country, but I'm really not an expert.

Hope that helps a bit!
Best,
Johannes

akengi

Dear Johannes,

I am really glad to have received your kind feedback. I really wish to enhance my skills on robotics while the focus stays on its application in Architecture. Since I have already done my masters in Robotics, I am looking forward to a PhD now. I am searching actively and applying. I hope I can find the best fit soon enough.

I really appreciate your feedback, it really inspires when it comes from the founders  :)

I hope we get more postings soon in the job board.  :)

Hoping for best.
Best regards
Akanksha

Quote from: Johannes @ Robots in Architecture on September 19, 2018, 07:32:17 AM
Hello,

Well, I'd say it depends on which direction you want to take, if you want to work at a company, found a startup or do academic research.
I'm guessing that you are outside the EU and US, so it may make sense to enroll for a relevant Master or PhD program, also to acquire skills with robots. There are several countries in Europe with good academic programs and very low or free tuition. Note that there are usually restrictions on how much you are allowed to earn with a student visa.
I don't think your nationality is a problem - you just need to be allowed to work in the EU or UK, you don't need to be from there. I would assume that if you finish an academic program it would be easier to get a work permit in that country, but I'm really not an expert.

Hope that helps a bit!
Best,
Johannes

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture