fronius with kuka prc

Started by ashishmohite, October 30, 2018, 02:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashishmohite

hi,
I have started working with a Kuka robot which has the Fronius arc welding setup. previous users of the robot were using PTP movement and adding the ARC on And ARC off command manually in the pendant. When I create an extrusion tool path (linear moe) with the robot and try to add this ARC ON and Arc off manually, this does not work. I am not able to add these commands manually.
The file created by other users before (ptp) had two files ABc.src and ABC.dat. What is the right way to create a Kuka code using kukaprc which has these ARC ON and Arc off settings? Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Ashish Mohite

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

ARC ON and ARC OFF seem to be inline forms, i.e. you don't see the full code.
My suggestion would be to copy your file to a USB stick and look at it on the PC.
According to that thread (https://www.robot-forum.com/robotforum/kuka-robot-forum/'value-assignment-inadmissible'-krl-using-arctech-basic/) it looks a bit like that...
$BWDSTART=FALSE
LDAT_ACT=LCPDAT4
FDAT_ACT=FP4
BAS(#CP_PARAMS, ATBg_BAS_VELDefinition)
LIN XP4
ARC_OFF(1, AC_WDAT2)

I guess LIN XP4 is a litftoff movement, so the interesting part for you is the ARC_OFF(1, AC_WDAT2) part.

Most likely if you put that into a KUKA|prc Custom KRL component, it will be missing the AC and WDAT2 variables. So take a look at the .dat file where they should be defined. No idea what they contain, but either create your own .dat file for the KUKA|prc-generated *.src file, or if WDAT and AC are always the same, define them as global variables in the $config.dat (but with different names, as not to confuse the robot).

Best,
Johannes

ashishmohite

Hi Johannes,

Thank you for a fast reply. I am attaching two files which have been successfully working with the robot setup. They were generated on the pendant without any external software.
When I open them in text file there is a lot of data which I do not understand when I open them in workvisual still there is a lot of data which I cannot make any sense of.
I need to figure out how I could add these commands to my workflow in kukaprc.

Regards,
Ashish

Hello Ashish.

I haven't worked with that tech package before and don't know much of the terminology that's used. Also, it's not entirely clear which variables are globally declared and which locally.
For now if you make a project with the standard kukaprc_project name, put a kukaprc_project.dat with the following content next to it:
&ACCESS RVP
&REL 1
&PARAM TEMPLATE = C:\KRC\Roboter\Template\vorgabe
&PARAM EDITMASK = *
DEFDAT kukaprc_project ( )

DECL ATBg_Weld_T AW_WDAT={JobModeId 732750510,ParamSetId -1540567493,Velocity 0.00833333377,Channel1 1.00000,Channel2 0.0,Channel3 0.0,Channel4 0.0,Channel5 0.0,Channel6 0.0,Channel7 0.0,Channel8 0.0}
DECL ATBg_Start_T AS_WDAT={JobModeId 732750510,ParamSetId -243025295,StartTime 0.0,PreFlowTime 0.100000,Channel1 1.00000,Channel2 0.0,Channel3 0.0,Channel4 0.0,Channel5 0.0,Channel6 0.0,Channel7 0.0,Channel8 0.0,PurgeTime 0.0}
DECL WTCg_WeaveDefinition_T WV_WDAT={Pattern #None,Length 0.0,Amplitude 0.0,Angle 0.0}
DECL ATBg_Crater_T AC_WDATOFF={JobModeId 732750510,ParamSetId 885173050,CraterTime 0.500000,PostflowTime 2.00000,Channel1 1.00000,Channel2 0.0,Channel3 0.0,Channel4 0.0,Channel5 0.0,Channel6 0.0,Channel7 0.0,Channel8 0.0}
ENDDAT

In KUKA|prc use the following lines with the Custom KRL component:
Arc_On(1, AS_WDAT, ATBg_StartErrSetField[1], AW_WDAT, WV_WDAT, ATBg_WeldErrSetField[1], #StdArcOn, " ")
Arc_Off(1, AC_WDATOFF)

Let's see what error messages pop up!

Best,
Johannes

ashishmohite

Hello johannes,

I created a kuka_project.dat file with the text which you posted here and it worked like a charm.
Thanks a lot. Here is the first sample.

Regards,

Ashish

That's great, I'm happy that we got it to work so quickly!!
Best,
Johannes

Joey

HI
I have encountered the same problem as you, how did you do it. Can you share the file with me? Thanks in advance!

Deshazo3U

Quote from: Joey on February 18, 2019, 01:55:24 PM
HI
I have encountered the same problem as you, how did you do it. Can you share the file with me? Thanks in advance bluestack!

I am also having same issue. Please provide an relevant solution.