X Y Z A B C to grasshopper plane

Started by Matt Johnson, February 19, 2019, 01:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Johnson

I'm trying to move my Kuka to a position in space, record it's Actual Position (X Y Z A B C), and then make a plane in Grasshopper to match that position so I can return to it in future programs.  XYZ is straightforward enough, but can anyone shed light on how ABC translates the axes of a plane? I've tried simply rotating a World XY plane around the World Z,Y, and X axes in turn, but that doesn't work.  Thanks for any thoughts!

lim_zhang

google euler angle

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Take care that the transformations need to be in the right order and depend on each other.
So if you rotate around one axis, the next rotation axis usually gets transformed as well.
I'm not on my development PC at the moment so I cannot look at the code right away unfortunately. Just remember that KUKA|prc by default uses X as the tool axis.

Best,
Johannes

I found a useful file that I made a while ago, see attached.
Note that there isn't just one solution, so if the values don't match up it might still be correct.

Best,
Johannes

Matt Johnson

Thanks for the script Johannes, it works perfectly!  I didn't realize that I had to do the B and C rotations around the transformed axes from the previous rotation.