Simulation bug or Singularity ?

Started by MkMrA2, February 05, 2019, 11:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MkMrA2

Hello,

I was doing some tests with motion analysis trying to see different motions using PTP, LIN and SPL commands.
The motion path is a combination of 180 degree in place rotation (in 30 steps)+linear translation+ combination of 360 rotation and translation (in 30 steps).

Using PTP movement:
The simulation performs the path completely without any error or singularity alert.

Using LIN Movement:
The simulation makes a sudden move in the initial part of path (180 in place rotation) also the Core component turn into singularity orange color.

Using SPL Movement:
The simulation makes a sudden move in the initial part of path (180 in place rotation) also the Core component turn into error red color.

Combined movement:
Using PTP movement in the initial part (180 in place rotation) and LIN movement in the second (linear translation) and SPL in the last part. The simulation performs the path completely with out any error or singularity.

Questions:

1_ What does the "sudden rotation" in the simulation in the initial part of the path mean ? is it a singularity that the Core cannot capture ?
2_ Why does PTP work well for the whole path while LIN gives "singularity alert" and SPL "gives out of reach error"?

MkMrA2

Description PDF Attached.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, that looks like a bug in the new preview of the V3 version. It's detecting it as a singularity because there is a large amount of axis movement in a small amount of time. However here that seems like a bug with the interpolation between the opposing planes. I'll look into it, but it will be a short while.
PTP works because it interpolates on an axis level. LIN should either take the time from the linear speed or axis speed, whatever is less. In that case LIN (and SPL) are failing because they take the time of the 0mm distance (i.e. they "jump"), rather than the X degrees rotation on the slowest axis. I haven't ever used SPL movements for just reorientation (i.e. TCP stays at the same point, while ABC change), but I guess it should work like LIN.

I appreciate the feedback, sorry for the inconvenience!

Best,
Johannes

MkMrA2

Thank you very much Johannes for the prompt and helpful response.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Mark,

I'll post an update that should fix your problem within the next few minutes in the member section!
Thanks again for the heads-up!

Best,
Johannes