External axis for member only

Started by happytriger2000, August 14, 2014, 06:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happytriger2000

Hi Johannes,
                     You mentioned somewhere in this forum about External axis features are for members only, in this link: http://forum.robotsinarchitecture.org/index.php/topic,25.0.html, in order to use the external axis I have to be a member of the Association for Robots in Architecture, is there any other alternative to become a member?

thanks,

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Yes, that is the case. We've made the code generation available to the free version - one of the few programs to do so - but kept a few expert features for the member version.
A membership is 350EUR/year and gives you access to the member version of KUKA|prc, the Rob|Arch eBooks by Springer (a 200USD value) and a reduced registration fee for the Rob|Arch series of events.
Compared to the costs of operating a robot this is a tiny percentage, so we'd really appreciate having you as a member.
What I can offer you is that I send you a time-limited trial license for the member version. Just be advised that I'm currently travelling and don't have regular access to my eMails, so it may take a while.

Best,
Johannes

happytriger2000

Since I had experience with Kuka PRC I think I'm going give it a try.
There are certain things I wish to try not just milling, also Brick laying, do you think you could support this code once I become a member?

thanks,

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, I'm currently travelling without regular internet access.
It's easily possible to do brick-laying with KUKA|prc, you basically only need to define the point where the robot picks up a brick, where it lays it down, and the actuation of the gripper, e.g. via digital outputs that are connected to an electromagnetic valve.
However, we are currently not planning to create a separate module that deals with the brick-design, boundary conditions, collisions, etc. - so you'd have to create that in GH. We'll of course help with the robot side of things.
Regarding literature on brick-stacking you are definitely aware of the work of Gramazio & Kohler. Also take a look at the ETH-spinoff ROB Technologies: http://www.rob-technologies.com/en/projects/bricks
There are several stacking papers published in the Rob|Arch books by Springer as well.

Best,
Johannes