KR10 X11 Diagram

Started by shelbydoyle, June 04, 2019, 11:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoyle

Working on bypassing X11 on our two new KR10s - attached is a diagram we've put together from all of the sources / information we've received.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

That looks right, is it working?
If so, thanks for sharing!

shelbydoyle

Going to try to master them on Friday - so we will see if its all working then!

Usually, unless they were treated a bit roughly, they should not need to be mastered. It's still recommended, of course.
To move the robot without the X11, go into a usergroup >= Expert and then activate the Start-Up mode. I believe it's in Startup/Service (but no promises, I'm not at the robot at the moment).
In startup mode you can only operate the robot in T1, i.e. you need to keep the button on the back pressed, even for programs, and the speed is limited.
If there is a plastic bag with 4 blue wires included, you may also need to build that plug, which provides power to the internal Beckhoff EK1100 coupler. You just connect the internal power supply with the internal power connection, unless you want an external 24V power supply. I'm at the airport right now so I cannot give you the X-something ID of the plug - I believe it's X55, though.
Finally, if you are doing the startup yourself, don't forget to plug in the battery. Inside the cabinet there will be one loose cable, which will fortunately only fits into a single plug next to it.

Best,
Johannes

shelbydoyle

Thanks Johannes!
Battery plugged in, mastering completed, X11 plug built, now onto the Beckhoff EK1100 coupler.
Attached is a noted PDF of the process of constructing the X11 bypass plug...

shelbydoyle

We don't have a Beckhoff 1100 - this is the Kuka interface. We will make another post of how we did this.

Looks right, the X11 is a DSUB with I believe 50pins on the KRC4 compact!
You could also get a terminal block like that: https://www.amazon.com/Header-Breakout-Terminal-Connector-Module/dp/B08GLX1VPM
I don't know if type of connection conforms to all standards, but it is convenient!

Best,
Johannes

luigipachecoFIU

Yes that looks way more convenient , thank you!!