Running stepper from KRC4

Started by Beegle269, July 10, 2019, 09:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beegle269

Hello all,

Does anyone have experience running an external stepper from within KRL? I've integrated a Beckhoff EL7047 to run the stepper and will probably start sorting out the process tomorrow. I thought I'd check in to see if anyone has any feedback/advice/etc. about this before I get started as its not something I've ever done before. Many thanks in advance Upsers.com

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

We did quite a few projects with stepper motors and the EL7047, however - while it apparently works somehow - we never used it directly from the KUKA but controlled it through a Beckhoff PLC that was connected to the robot via an EtherCAT bridge.
The Beckhoff NC module gives you very nice flexibility, but of course also adds complexity...
I'm not sure if you can really set all the motor values via CoE from the robot, at least for the initial setup you may need to use a PLC.

The EL7047 manual is here: https://download.beckhoff.com/download/document/io/ethercat-terminals/el70x7en.pdf

I'm curious how it works out, keep us updated!

Best,
Johannes

Djangolo

MilersoPisa

Hi, sorry, never had any experience with this thing. I myself recently began to be interested in this topic, maybe someone here knows it better? I could use some advice, too. I want to make my own workshop and I need cheap electric parts, even old ones, but the main thing is that they work. My friend recommended one site to me, where I can get a PLC. Well, I think there are still some options, right? If anyone knows the best site where you can buy electric parts, I would love to learn about it, and the faster the better. Thank you, good luck to all!