A6 axis not returning to home

Started by Weston, June 08, 2023, 08:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weston

Is this related to Toggle Infinite A06 Axis Range? I'm not sure if I will need it or not but I do need to be able to return the A06 to home, in order to run non-PRC generated files from Maya which are A6 home dependent.

It takes a while to get it back manually on the controller.

Thank you

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

If you set the axis type of the actual robot via the variable to infinite rotation, then 0, 360, -360, 720, etc. are treated identically. So if you are at 350 degrees A6 and want it to rotate back to 0 degrees, it will move to 360 degrees instead, that is its intended behavior.
You can try to "unwind" it with a custom KRL code at the end that makes relative movements, if that is needed.

Otherwise you could try to extend the axis range of the A6 but keep it as non-infinite. I haven't tried that within KUKA|prc myself, but I think it might work setting the A6 range to -3600 to 3600 or something like that. Of course any such settings needs to be done in both the simulation environment and at the physical robot.

Best,
Johannes

Weston

Thank you Johannes, so is this all about relative movement? I suppose this is more of a KUKA question than PRC, but I'm just trying to figure out how to reset between operations, if my A06 needs to end or begin at exactly -92.12 degrees, can I achieve that in PRC with a custom KRL code?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

We played around that once and I think using "SPTP_REL {A6 -3800}" (3600 being just an example) worked best for unwinding. You would need to come up with a logic that takes the current axis positions and calculates the relative movement needed.

However note that also with infinite A6 rotation enabled, the robot will be accurate, so A6 will go exactly to -92.12 degrees if you specific it - it might just go to 267.88 degrees instead if that is closer, which is geometrically the same, but one rotation further.

If you are ending up at completely different positions, then there is another problem.

Best,
Johannes