How to load base and tool

Started by ziqiuhuang, July 20, 2023, 08:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziqiuhuang

Hi, friends
I find the "load bases" and "load tools" button in KUKA|prc(custom tool and setting).
When I click it, I will get a file loader. But I don't know the format of a base/tool in a file which can be used. I also don't know which Filename Extension can be used.
If I can solve this problem, I think it will save a lot of time for me in typing the number one by one into the blanket when creating a new project in kuka|prc.
Looking forward to your reply!
Thank you!

Best regards,
Sautumn

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Good Morning,
Unfortunately entering the numbers by hand is usually the best way. If you want to load it directly you will need to set up a file share on your robot so that you can access the current $config.dat file.
Best,
Johannes

ziqiuhuang

Hi, Johannes
Sorry for my late reply and thank you for your answer!
I don't know how to export the file type you mentioned. But I can get the data from Sunrise by syncing from robot. Then I can obtain BASE and TOOL coordinate on my PC (BASE data has been shown below in Sunrise).
Can I export this base as you said from Sunrise and how can I export from Sunrise or Robot?
Could you offer me some details about it?
The robot I use is a KUKA iiwa LBR14 R820 robot with smart pendant.
Looking forward to your reply!
Best regards,
Ziqiu

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,
Ah, I did not realize that you were using Sunrise.
Unfortunately I'm not aware of a built-in interface to access the tool and base data.
Sunrise saves it in an XML file, maybe something with a fileshare might work, but there is currently no parser in KUKA|prc that would read it. So if you need to automate that you would currently have to write your own code that reads and interprets the XML generated by Sunrise.
Best,
Johannes