Access to an Industrial Robot for Wood Carving in Austria

Started by Alex, October 27, 2023, 08:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Hello,

I am a 37-year-old hobbyist woodworker without an educational or professional background related to robotics. I am a member of Happylab Vienna, and for about 3 years, I have been using their 3-axis CNCs, metal laser cutters, and other machines regularly for woodworking projects. Working with these machines and watching "CNC robot woodworking" videos on YouTube has sparked my interest in learning how to use a KUKA-like industrial robot – let's say for sculpting a tree trunk or something. I am experienced in using SketchUp and am currently learning Rhino, Grasshopper, and Fusion 360. Is there an opportunity in Vienna for someone like me to complete a course or training to gain access to an industrial robot somewhere in Vienna? I am grateful for any information.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Alex,

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any makerspace with a robot in Vienna - though the Grand Garage in Linz has got one. We are currently planning a 2-half-day workshop before the Panorama Festival in Linz (https://panorama.edih-innovate.at/). Let me know in case you would like some more details about that (johannes@robotsinarchitecture.org).

Best,
Johannes

Alex

Dear Johannes,

I have never heard of the "Grand Garage," although I am from Upper Austria. I just looked at the website and  it seems to be a well-equipped makerspace, wow, even with a KUKA robot; I am thrilled. :)

Yes, I am interested in the two half-day workshop; the festival also looks very interesting.

Thank you very much for all the wonderful information!

Cheers,
Alex

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture