Follow a NURBCurve

Started by OXIDO, November 21, 2023, 04:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OXIDO

Hello,
I need help Following a NURB curve along the red curve. If I increase the points it warns me of singularities and if I reduce the points it deviates from the curve in black.

In the tutorial section, I found this but I'm unable to work with this due to the old version.
https://forum.robotsinarchitecture.org/index.php/topic,24.0.html

I am also attaching the file if you have an alternative way. Hope you have a way.

Regards,
Ojas

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

That is a rather crazy toolpath! You can optimize it by changing the position of the orientation point, see attached.
It's very important to consider though that the robot spline is NOT a NURBS curve and that the actual spline might differ. The advantage of robot splines is that you can create a freeform curve with few control points.
Also I would strongly recommend to enable the motion interpolation in the settings as it will make the simulation much more accurate!
Best,
Johannes

OXIDO

Thanks, Johannes for the solution.
The toolpath I gave you is just an example because I cannot share the actual toolpath. The point was to know the alternative flow in comparison to to older version.

I was trying the robot spline but now that I see it closely it follows a curved path. I was still referring to the grey line, my mistake. I feel this was my
visual miscommunication.

Best Regards,
Ojas Mahajan

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

With interpolation turned off you will get the rough polyline between frames, otherwise (for motions other than LIN, of course) you will get the actual, smooth path.

Best,
Johannes