robot milling

Started by mortezasarv, January 14, 2024, 11:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortezasarv

I calculated one point with coordinate width, length, height which is start point of milling. I want to design milling robot in grasshopper that start milling from this point. how can i simulate this robot with Kuka PRC so that robot this numbers receive as text and start milling form this point?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,
What do you mean by "start milling from this point". Do you have an existing toolpath and want to start from a specific location? Like the KRL file is on the robot and you send some command via Ethernet to the robot, so that it does not start from the beginning from from e.g. line 400?
Best,
Johannes

mortezasarv

Hello,
Yes I have an existing toolpath and mdf board. so i want to start from a location with width, length, height specific.
Actually, I want to design an mdf milling robot so that I can give the coordinates of the starting point to the robot

Sorry, it's still not clear to me what you want. Do you only want to change the starting position of the toolpath or the entire toolpath?
Either is easy to do in Grasshopper/KUKA|prc, the question is how to get it to the robot. Are you using mxAutomation? Or is it OK for you to manually copy a file to the robot?

Best,
Johannes

mortezasarv

I want to change the starting position of the toolpath. it is OK for me to manually copy a file to the robot

By default, KUKA|prc generates a new file when the input changes. You can right-click the KUKA|prc Core component and enable the option to expose the file name. You now get an extra input for the file name. This could now include the current date or for example an incrementing number.
Just be aware that the file name is also used for the internal project name, so don't use any empty space, special characters or a number at the start.

So now you change the start position in Grasshopper and get a new file to run on the robot.
Is that what you are looking for?

Best,
Johannes

mortezasarv