Method for sending digital command before and after entering rapid movements

Started by Studio3P, January 15, 2024, 05:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Studio3P

Let's say you have a 3d print with multiple independent spires, is there a way to trigger a digital output when the robot enters rapid movements and then another as it gets to the print path? Next, is it possible to identify where that happens in command list? All of my linear movements appear to be the same but there are definitely sections the robot knows to move faster and directly at the next "path".

Thank you for any input you can share in navigating this.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,
As you work with 3D printing I guess that you want a continuous process without stopping. In KUKA|prc you can right-click the digital output component and set it so that the robot does not stop, in KRL it turns from $OUT to $OUT_C. In addition, you could look into the TRIGGER command and use it through the Custom KRL component.

You have got a large number of outputs in the robot - they don't have to be connected to anything physical- so you could just trigger them in sequence to see where you are.

But if you can describe in a bit more detail what you want to achieve with that, I can provide you some more detailed pointers.

Best,
Johannes

Studio3P

Thank you for the fast response. I will explore the elements you mentioned.

Here is a different example. There are three towers, all of them equally sliced with 10 layers but they are independent of each other. I want to print layer 1 on tower A then turn the extruder off between the move over to layer 1 of tower B and so on. This is a very generalized example but I'm aiming at printing something that looks like a Sea Anenome with many spires that will all require layers printed in sequence so many digital out enable/disable commands being woven into the move commands.

Does that help to clarify a bit of what I'm trying to achieve?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,
I quickly put something together based on the extrusion example. I wouldn't run it like that, but it should hopefully help!

Best,
Johannes

Studio3P

Thank you! I just took a look under the hood of the script and this seems to point in right the direction. Many Thanks!