Parametric speed value for LIN movements

Started by louislamont1, February 16, 2024, 06:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

louislamont1

I've been trying to set a parametric speed for grouped LIN movements (each group of targets represents a single layer for 3D printing). I want the speed to be mapped to the total length of each layer, a smaller layer = slower speed.

I have the logic worked out but when I input the group of speed values (in m/s) there seems to be no change in the output code - nor have I ever seen speed values for individual LIN moves in each line of the KRL code.

Just wondering if this is possible / how it would be done? File and screenshot attached.
Thanks in advance!

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

What is shown in the screenshot is not the KRL output, but the string representation in Grasshopper.
So just like when you plug a point object into a panel, it says {0.1;0.5;16} or so. Within the data object, there is more data - like the speed - than is shown in the panel.
When you look into the generated KRL file and search for "$VEL.CP" you will find numerous speed changes.
But why would you expect a speed change at every line? In your GH script you are providing ca.11000 planes and ca. 200 speed values, one per data tree it seems. Some speed values are identical, in which case they are not output.

Best,
Johannes

louislamont1

Yep just looked properly at the KRL file, seems I wasn't looking hard enough.
Thanks again Johannes!

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Thanks a lot for the feedback, glad that I could help!
Best,
Johannes