MacOS KukaPRC Alternate Code Generation

Started by louislamont1, February 29, 2024, 11:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

louislamont1

Good Morning all,

Just seeing if there's any plans to integrate the other types of code generation (kukaCNC, kukaSUNRISE) in the MacOS version of PRC?

Also, when we generate KukaCNC code with our PC workstation - we get an SRC file that looks similar to an NC file (screenshot + file attached).

We changed the file extension to NC / would this work or do we need a natively exported NC file?

Any guidance is massively appreciated!
Cheers.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

The "problem" with the macOS version is only the UI, the overall KUKA|prc functions are all integrated (though not 100% tested).

If you want to generate KUKA.CNC code on macOS, you can try to use the "headless" (= UI-less) version of KUKA|prc, which is included in the member version.

Get the blue HL Settings component, retrieve the standard values (see screenshot below) and then change the settings manually. If the clipboard causes problems on macOS, I have also included the default settings here as a TXT file. The setting you are looking for is cncon.
Of course this is mostly a developer functionality, so not super user friendly.

And thank you for pointing out the extensions problem, that must have been some automated search/replace which caused that to switch to SRC. This will be fixed in the next version, if it's annoying in your workflow I can also provide you with a early build.

A general note regarding KUKA.CNC: It leaves quite a bit of room for customization, our implementation was built with/for one or two partners. So some settings may not be ideal for you.

Best,
Johannes

artem

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if there is a KUKA for Mac, in particular M1 Mac. I didn't find it on the website. If there is a version for MacOS, can I get the download files?

Thanks in advance!
Best,
Newcomer:)

Hello,

The Mac version is limited regarding its user interface, but the basic functionality work well.
We currently only provide the Mac version as a beta to our members, it is currently not publicly available.

Best,
Johannes

louislamont1

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for your detailed response - I've successfully got the HL core and settings working with the txt file, but when I flip the bool values for 'cncon' or 'sunriseon' I don't get any outputs / files. When it's just 'krlon' I get my generated src file in the chosen directory but nothing for the others. Has this been demonstrated on Mac before or am I sailing into uncharted waters?

Cheers,
Louis

Hello Louis,

You are definitely in uncharted territory here, but technically I don't see anything that should go wrong here. But Macs can be weird sometimes, like with file paths and how strings are formatted.
In this case, make sure to disable krlon. It's an If-Else if... structure that is dates back a long time.

Best,
Johannes