In which coordinate system is the instrution code in src file located?

Started by harper, March 08, 2024, 01:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harper

Hi there!
Are the movement instructions in the final src file the instructions of tcp in the world coordinate system? I have set the base coordinate system. How can I export the movement instructions of tcp relative to the base coordinate system?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

That depends, if you set the base in the settings to base 0, all movements will be in the world coordinate system. If you set a base, then it will be within that base. Note that KUKA|prc puts the base number into the SRC file, but by default does not hardcode the XYZABC values.

Best,
Johannes

harper

Thank you Johannes! I notice that if I set the base, then the robot will move. Does the initial origin where the robot were become the origin in base system,that's to say, the place where the robot was originally placed becomes the workspace?

Hello,

The Rhino origin is always the origin of your base, so when the robot is at base 0, it will stand "on top" of the Rhino global origin. If the base has X set to 500, the robot will move back 500mm so that the base is 500mm in front of it.

I hope that makes sense! We wanted to ensure that the geometry does not "move around", but the robot does.

Best,
Johannes

harper

Thank you Johannes! Your suggestion was really helpful, and I understand it completely.
Now I have another question that confuse me.
I suppose that the "initial posuture" option in the advanced settings changes the movement to the first point , then what do those numbers (0 and 1) mean? and what is the difference between different options? I would appreciate it if you could help me with my new question.

Hello,
The posture values relate to the so-called "status" value, which defines the robot's posture through three bits. You should have gotten some KUKA manuals along with your robot; otherwise, you could search for "KUKA KRC manual pdf" or "KUKA KSS pdf" or something similar, and it will have a section on "Status and Turn."
In (my) practice, the essential options are 010 and 110, which (indirectly) set the orientation of A4.
Let me know if you cannot find the relevant PDFs, then I can send you a direct link!
Best,
Johannes