How to adapt Mitsubishi RM-501 to Grasshopper?

Started by happytriger2000, July 31, 2015, 11:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

happytriger2000

Hello All,
             Long time no see.
We are trying to build a simulator module in GH for Mitsubishi RM-501, similar to Kuka PRC but for Mitsubishi. this robot does not have its own Mitsubishi controller, we made one for it. The controller hardware is ready, all 6 axes tested with our own written IK. On the GH side, this is more complicated for us and I'm hopping the administrator could give us a hand on where to start in GH. Another collegue here knows programming, he will be dealing with Python which what I've heard that it is related to Gh.

Looking forward to your replies,

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

That sounds interesting! So you basically want to create your own PRC for a hacked Mitsubishi robot?
Seeing as you've got full control over the controller and IK, you probably have to define some format how the control data for the robot should look like, and then represent it in Grasshopper. In PRC we basically "queue up" the LIN, PTP, SPL, etc. commands and the core component then generates a control data file that can be read by the robot.

For developing GH-components, you can either use .NET (VB.net or C#, can compile into DLLs/GHAs) or Python.

Best,
Johannes

happytriger2000

Hi Johannes,
                    The plan was to start our own brand of robots but that would need to put in a lot of money, so I took one of my robot (RM-501) to start with that has no controller which is ok because we are going to make a complete new controller anyways and bundle with this RM-501 or any other Robot without a controller.
The person who wrote the code is looking into GH for further understanding.

thanks

happytriger2000

Hello all,
             Here is our website WiseTech Robot: http://www.wtech.com.tw/robot/?id=11
The English Version still under construction,

Cheers,

Freddy