"Link" not working

Started by Xylotica, December 12, 2015, 06:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xylotica

Hi !

I made a little experiment with the Grasshopper image sampler , and something to please the kids at the same time : a hole pattern of "Link" (the main character in the "Zelda" video games) in a plastic sheet.
Everything went smooth, except that when I wanted to copy/paste my .src file which , incidentally , was called "Link.src", I got an error message stating something was wrong with the file name or it's extension.
Renaming it to "zelda.src", and I was able to copy my file.

Now I already know that I shouldn't use spaces or special symbols, but is there a list of "KUKA forbidden words" that I should be aware of ?

Cheers,

Xylotica

Here's the second step ; cutting-out the borders :
https://youtu.be/p-FMvl-oOc0

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Thanks for sharing!
I'm not aware of any official list, but you are more likely to run into a problem with your own files, rather than the system files. KUKA|prc names the project and the definition (first line DEF) identically so that if you copy an existing file it will overwrite the old one. But you could e.g. manually rename the *.src file and then run into these issues. Maybe that's even what happened to you? Though link could be a system file as well.

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

I did not rename the file after it was created.
"Link" sounds like some kind of system name indeed, but incidentally, it is also the name of a little Elf with a sword :)
You might want to test it on your side ?

Cheers,

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

I just tested it in a KRC4-VM and could reproduce your problem.

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

That's an actual PROOF that I am an unlucky guy !
What were the odds that I would choose a forbiden file name ?