Velocity control while using Fusion/PRC

Started by disanto24, January 27, 2017, 05:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disanto24

Hi All,

I am currently milling a simple cutout shape from sheet stock using Fusion and the PRC post processor. My Problem is that when I use the Fusion-generated path I get inconsistently spaced points causing wild variations in speed of the TCP.  I have already tried C-Dis and C-Vel with a variety of APO settings to no avail. 

I have written a GH def that can accomplish this cutout with consistent speed but it does not have true CAM functionality which Fusion does pretty well. 

Is there a way to achieve to consistent point spacing with the Fusion/PRC workflow?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

The Fusion component is part of the member version, as not to confuse anyone.
@disanto24: If you are affiliated with a member institution, let me know and I can unlock the member section for you.

The problem should not be particular to the Fusion component, though. In my experience, the main cause for varying speed is if you set a too high speed. My recommendation would be to set the speed to a value that the robot can reliably achieve. If you want to use the speed from Fusion, take care to activate the relevant Feed Toggle, otherwise it will ignore the speed values.
Note that the speed default in Fusion is mm/min, so KUKA|prc divides it by 60000 to get the robot's m/sec.
Also, to get the smoothest movement run the robot ideally at 100% OV speed (i.e. don't reduce it on the panel) and in AUT mode (after testing, of course).

Let me know if that helps!
Best,
Johannes