PRC_Simple path example file error

Started by Knight, February 01, 2017, 06:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knight

Hi, members
Alles Gute.
I am a newbie to Kuka Prc and have installed the  Kuka PRC plugin for grasshopper.I have two questions basically, and I need your urgent help for the problems mentioned below

Problem no1
For tinkering with the plugin, I downloaded sample file Prc_Simple Path but however, i have got the following message when I open up.Below I have attached the image
Problem no2
Also, can anybody explain me the procedure on how to connect laptop to the KUKA robot.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

It seems that KUKA|prc is simply not installed on your machine. Just try to install it again and make sure that the right username is in the installation path. Alternatively, just set a folder on your desktop as the directory and then manually copy the files into the Grasshopper component library, which is the process for most GH plugins anyway.

Note that the free version of KUKA|prc only generates KRL files, that you then manually copy over to the robot. You can do that e.g. with a USB stick, or connect yourself with an Ethernet cable and setting up a file share.
The member version of KUKA|prc allows direct streaming via KUKA's mxAutomation interface (which is an extra purchase and does not come standard with your robot).

Hope that helps!
Best,
Johannes

Knight

Knight

Hi Johannes,
When I extract the RAR file of the free evaluation it seems the exe file does not show.Seems something weird.Well, can you tell me what is the problem here?Below I have installed KUKA PRC 2013 from food4rhino website, it seems to have installed 4 tabs with 34 components.But to no avail, I can't understand.It would be a great help if you suggest a solution. Thanks.Danke Schon.

Hello,

Is there a particular reason why you installed the very outdated 2013 release? There has been a version jump, and files are no longer compatible (though the old and new KUKA|prc can peacefully co-exist, you just must not mix components).
In any case, it seems like you are trying to load a file made for the recent release with an old software version installed, hence the problem with the missing components.
So simply get the most recent release from Food 4 Rhino and you should be good to go.
Note that the free Food4Rhino version is always quite some time behind the member version, which also contains additional features.

Best,
Johannes

Knight

Hi johannes,

I tried downloading the latest evaluation version of the KUKA PRC from Association for robots in architecture, but when I extract the RAR file, the Exe file does not extract.Also, I tried to unzip using 7 zip, WinRAR but to no avail.It disappears after some time.Hence, i installed the previous version of 2013, can you check what it is the issue there or is there a problem with my machine.Can you email me the Exe file setup at abhish1091@yahoo.in  or send me the link.By the way, 2013 KUKA PRC is working fine, but 2016 Kuka PRC exe is not extracting from the free evaluation version.Please do help.

Thanks

Hello,

There should not be any RAR file, are you sure that you've got the right download?
What you get is a  *.zip file that you can then unpack, and it contains the installer.
I just tested the download from both Food4Rhino and our homepage, and both times it would download and unpack fine. I tested it both with Windows Explorer as well as 7Zip.
Maybe something went wrong with your download, could you please give it another try? Sending an executable file via eMail will most likely not work.

Best,
Johannes

Knight

Hi Johannes,

Thanks a lot, I tried redownloading from another PC, extracting on another PC and then reinstalling KUKA PRC 2 and KUKA PRC on my windows.I figured out the error....Windows defender tried to block the Exe file from extracting and hence it got disappeared.So the problem is sorted.Thanks a lot for your valuable help.I am highly obliged and gratified. Now I have two tabs of KUKA as attached below.Good to go:)

Regards,
Knight