kuka|prc compatible with krc1?

Started by Job, June 30, 2017, 12:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Job

we are currently exploring which robot to buy, and as krc1 equipped robots are easy and affordable, I would like to know if kuka|prc does support this old hardware.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Yes, that should work just fine, you just need to tick on option in the settings which changes a single line.
Of course KRC1 has got tighter memory limits etc., but that is not particular to using KUKA|prc, but just a result of rather old hardware.
For example in Aalborg we used a KRC1 robot, if I remember correctly: https://vimeo.com/193270612

Best,
Johannes

Peter

Hello!
I'm using krc1.
Do anybody know why motions of my robot is really different then it was in grasshopper? For example: circle in xy plane in grasshopper robot draws ellipse in vertical plane?
Thanks!!

Hello,

If your robot is doing an ellipse instead of a circle (and a curve instead of a line when you move it manually in XYZ), most likely an axis is not properly calibrated.
So you will need to calibrate it again. Do you know how to do it, do you have the tools?
There is the proper way with an EMD, and there is the DIY way that basically just requires some stick and sensible hands ;)

Best,
Johannes

Peter

Quote from: Johannes @ Robots in Architecture on November 22, 2017, 04:40:04 PM
Hello,

If your robot is doing an ellipse instead of a circle (and a curve instead of a line when you move it manually in XYZ), most likely an axis is not properly calibrated.
So you will need to calibrate it again. Do you know how to do it, do you have the tools?
There is the proper way with an EMD, and there is the DIY way that basically just requires some stick and sensible hands ;)

Best,
Johannes

Yes, in xyz mode movement is an arc instead of line too. But I calibrated axis, and the problem is not gone. How do I must  to set up the coordinate system in prc and in kuka?

Hello,

Just to make sure that we are talking about the same aspects: You need to master the robot, not calibrate the base or tool.
If the robot is not moving correctly, there is nothing you can do from the Grasshopper/PRC side.
How did you master/calibrate the robot?

Best,
Johannes

Peter

Hello,

Thanks for answering!
I'm begginer in this field. But I understand difference between mastering and calibration. I have no EMT tool, and had to do it by the notches. And I fuzzily imagine how to calibrate tool and base correctly. I did it yesterday for tool by 4 points, and for base by 3 points.

Hello,

Just be careful that the mastering position is not the position where the painted notches meet, but when you push in the metal pin behind the cap, it will move along a path that looks like that looks like a V. The axis is mastered when the pin is at the deepest position (generally in negative direction from the painted notch, if I remember correctly).
If I don't have an EMD, I usually just gently push against it with a plastic stick or pen and do it "by touch".

For the tool and base calibration, refer to the handbook and http://forum.robotsinarchitecture.org/index.php/topic,115.0.html

Best,
Johannes

Peter

I solved my problem. It was wrong machine data. Thanks a lot for your help. But now I have new questions. Can the prc convert motions from grasshopper to circ-motions, but not only in lin. My circle divides into a many lines. It's very bad.

Hello,

Can you send me an example what you are referring to? Either post it here, or send me an eMail (johannes@robotsinarchitecture.org)
How are you generating your CIRC motions?

Best,
Johannes