NC Import

Started by singline, October 29, 2018, 05:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

singline

Hi Guys,

I'm currently working with RhinoCAM and a KR150 - the latest version has Fusion NC import, but its not working as it would with the older 5-axis NC import. Anyone have any experience with this?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Hmm... Where are you missing the old NC import?
Are you referring to the preview release of PRC, or the current, regular member version?

Best,
Johannes

singline

Probably just a matter of changing version, the fusion examples provided earlier in the year I have never been able to get to work on any of my machines... and then ran out of time.

Hello,

Fusion should usually be very straightforward, you just need to export the right postprocessor by right-clicking the component. Beyond that I never really had any issues. Here's an example project: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtgYyPhhrKrMneNhFJ6yUSOacMDy6g
And in the regular PRC there should be the NC Import component (see screenshot), I just haven't brought it into the new PRC yet, which I believe you are using - the one where the robots are more accurately colored!

Best,
Johannes

singline

Quotethe one where the robots are more accurately colored!
which is great!

.. well fusion isn't required as I'm using rhinocam, is it possible to run other kuka prc simultaneously?

I like it too ;)
Unfortunately that's a bit tricky - the choice is either to give every component a new ID so that you can have them installed at the same time, or you give them the same ID, which means that they cannot be installed at the same time, but you can at least partially upgrade old definitions.
What do you think? I'm tending towards the latter.

Best,
Johannes

singline

Given current time restraints, probably revert to current public version.

I was more asking in general, when the next version becomes public - what would you go for?
For now it's definitely easier to revert. You can also just delete/move/rename (?) the GHA file and leave the others in the directory.

Best,
Johannes

singline

In that case, the latter every time.