IIWA SendKeepAliveMessage Failed

Started by victorlin, September 06, 2020, 05:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

victorlin

Hi,

I'm running into a problem where the IIWA controller(?) would freeze and it'll display an message SendKeepAliveMessage Failed.
What I'm doing is using a modified read XML program, it runs in a loop, constantly checking D drive every half seconds for new files.
In D drive i have 2 files, one is simply a text file, if the content is 1, the robot reads and executes the second file then rewrites the first file to 0.
This program runs fine for short periods, but if left running for a while, the message SendKeepAliveMessage Failed will freeze the robot.
How can i fixed this?
(ideally I would be using the communicator solution, but for certain reasons, I'd prefer not to use it for now)

Attached is the program I'm running and the screenshot of the message

thanks,

Victor

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Victor,

If it kicks you out of the iiwa GUI to the screen in the screenshot, probably the entire Windows system crashed.
So unfortunately the SendKeepAliveMessage is most likely the result of the crash but not the cause. Maybe you could log to a file, to understand where/when it crashes?
Personally my guess is that there are some conflicting IO operations. As your code for the file access is probably generic Java, you could try running it on your PC and see if it also crashes there. That should make it more easy to troubleshoot.

Best,
Johannes

victorlin

Hi Johannes,

QuoteAs your code for the file access is probably generic Java, you could try running it on your PC and see if it also crashes there.
I've ran the file access part of the code in eclipse, and tested the chaging of the file content. Ran it for a few time, there was no crashes, everything runs fine.

QuoteMaybe you could log to a file, to understand where/when it crashes?
Sorry, but could you go into more details on how and what to log?

Regards,
Victor

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

I thought about it a bit more, it's probably best if you just attach a screen to the DVI port and see if there is any error message on the Windows side.
While the smartPad is connected, you will only see the login screen, but you can login as kukauser with password 68kuka1secpw59 - note that if you do that with the smartPad connected, it will kick out the smartPad instead.

Best,
Johannes