How to add two external axis

Started by Leo ongbo, June 16, 2022, 08:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo ongbo

Hello everyone,

I am a new user with KUKA prc. I want to use to axis same time for my tow-axis positioner.
in general, I studied the tutorial and the example to add Custom turntable. But I still do not know how to add one more horizontal axis order in KUKA PRC.
May I kindly asking for some help for the problem?

In addition, I just confuse about why I have change the E01 source to E02, but the src file still give the source to E01? ???

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

There isn't much to it, just attach them in order and it should work. See the attachments.
Note that when using a rotary axis you are automatically using an external base that rotates with it.

Unfortunately I don't quite understand what you mean by changing E1 to E2, what are you referring to?

Best,
Johannes

Leo ongbo

Dear Johannes,

That's really inspired me. But I meet a new proble. As digarm shown, I give 2 axis here(Red line). But those tow turn panels just turn around Axis 01(Base on the vector). Could you give me any advice?

Best regards,
Hongbo

Hello,

Basically that should work, internally that is also how the DKP (with two rotational axes) is defined.
It's hard to troubleshoot from the screenshot, I would need to know what you are going for and ideally modify the existing file - ideally the test-file would require no additional plugins and have all the relevant data internalised or linked in an attached 3DM file.

Best,
Johannes

Leo ongbo

Dear Johannes,

I have attached my gh and 3dm file on the below. I really appreciate for your kindly help.

Best regards,
Hongbo

Hello,

Thanks for the file. I see now that you cannot set the axis correctly with the default 1-axis positioner component, as it only provides a vector and always assumes the origin to be at zero.
Sorry for that. Can you specify in a bit more detail, what you want to achieve? Because the DKP 400 is included, and in the next release also another two-axis positioner. Are you using a custom system?

Two more general remarks:
Using the current date as the project name will not result in a valid SRC file. Start with a letter, don't use special characters and empty spaces.
Don't have GH automatically mesh BReps, that results in huge files. Mesh it in Rhino and then consider using ReduceMesh to get the size further down. This will greatly improve the KUKA|prc performance.
This applies even more to your tool - on my laptop, GH takes 10 (!) seconds to mesh it and creates a mesh with 1million faces - this will result in a super slow simulation. Try to get it to 5000 faces instead.

BEst,
Johannes

Leo ongbo

Dear Johannes,

I am sorry for the delay of reply.
yeap, I am using a custum two-axis positioner.
My achivement is when E01 turn around, the E02 turn 45 degree to help the print.
Addition, thanks for you remarks that really helpful !

Best regards,
Hongbo

Hello Hongbo,

Do you know a bit of C# programming?
I could throw together a quick example how to create a turntable in code.

Best,
Johannes

Leo ongbo

Dear Johannes,

I am still learnning C# with the Stuggart University wrokshop Recording in youtube.
I think I could do a bit of C#. And I can learn fast.
Really appreciate for your kindly help.

Best regards,
Hongbo

Hello Hongbo,

Then please give that file a try! You might need to fix the paths to the libraries.

Best,
Johannes

Leo ongbo

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for your kindly help.

Best,
Hongbo