how to connect output from robot to beckhoff

Started by ludo, November 02, 2015, 05:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludo

Hello,
I have a problem, In my programm, when in try to use Out comand, the bechkoff doesn't activate the output.
Even if i change the ouput status from the smart pad dirctly.
Is there a way to connect or to map outpurt command from the robot to the PLC ?

Work visual ?
Thanks

Ludo

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Ludo,

That is really strange, so if you set e.g. output 3 manually from the KCP it works, but if you call $OUT[3]=TRUE (which should be the result of the output component) in the KRL file it does not?
What exactly do you mean by mapping the output command from the robot to the PLC?

Best,
Johannes

ludo

No, If i write $OUT[3]=TRUE, nothing happen
With the smartpad, if i go to "I/O3 "Digital I/O", "Output "  "Value" it doesn't work too.
I go to "configure" "I/O Driver", and see that there is no driver installed.

When i say "mapping" , it's mean affect a robot Output to the beckhoff output, eg $OUT{3] = Beckhoff[O.03]  (Modul 0, output 3)
But i think this is not the way to configure the communication between the robot and the PLC.

Ludo

Hello Ludo,

I talked with a KUKA engineer yesterday as I somehow never configured IOs with KRC2. He asked what bus system you are using to connect to the IO board. Can you give me any more details?

Best,
Johannes

ludo

Hi,
it's all Ok now,
I got a kuka engineer, so it's all right :-))

the issue was that the beckhoff modules haven't been declare in the workvisual project. So, now it's Ok.
You must declare your module in workvisual (add new bus structure, add beckhoff modules digital output/ inputs, analog output modules etc..)
You must also download the beckhoff xml file that desccribe your module to workvisual, (Beckhoff_EtherCAT_XML.zip)

Then you can map your ouput/ input. With this operation you assign an output/input  from the robot to a physical output/input of your PLC.

Upload to your robot...
Normally this was done by Kuka when you buy your robot or when you change your robot configuration (adding or removing some parts form your robots).

It's better to have a Kuka guy to guide you through this operation.

best regard
Ludo

Hello Ludo,
I somehow thought that you were using a KRC2 controller, otherwise I could have helped you with WorkVisual!
Anyway, I'm glad you got it to work - as far as I remember, if the Beckhoff modules are pre-installed they will be in the bus structure, but you would still have to map the IOs. So there's no getting around the WorkVisual ;)
Best,
Johannes