IIWA zoing and speed

Started by evo85210, April 25, 2019, 11:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evo85210

How do i set the zoning and speed for the iiwa? it seems to be ignored/i'm setting it wrong.
I've connected 450 into the linear move command and tried both distance and velocity interpolation movement.
C_DIS is set at 2mm and C_VEL is set at 80%, but the movements are still jerky, the deceleration and acceleration is very obvious.
because the toolpath is a complex curve, each target is 1mm apart from each other. is it because the points are too dense? but even then, shouldn't C_VEL solve that problem?

also, if i export frames as XML, how do i use the xml?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

There is no C_VEL for the iiwa, and C_DIS only works at 4mm and over - see below for the documentation. No idea why that is the case...

QuotesetBlendingCart
public T setBlendingCart(double value)
Sets the absolute value for this motion in mm.
The specified value is a maximal value for the motion, however it is possible that it will not be reached during the execution of the motion because of other motion planning restrictions.
When blending is used with a move(), or a moveAsync() command and the next motion command does not come in time to be included in the path planning, the motion will stop at that point, where the blending condition applies. As soon as the next command arrives the motion will be planned with blending. The path of a interrupted motion is equivalent to a fluent motion where the next command arrives in time for planning.

It is possible for the specified value to be too small for the robot to be able to complete the programmed path. Therefore, a restriction is in place that sets values below 4mm to 0. The robot will perform an exact stop at the destination.

Parameters:
value - the absolute blending value for this motion in mm. This value must be positive or zero. 0 = no blending, the motion will stop at the destination
Values below 4 will be ignored. No blending will be done.
Returns:
This motion (builder pattern)
Throws:
IllegalArgumentException - if absolute blending value is less than 0.

Best,
Johannes

Ah, and regarding your second question - you can copy-paste the frames into the RoboticsAPI.data.xml to use like regular, taught frames.
Just for when you want to get positions from CAD to the robot, not necessarily as a toolpath.

One more thing: Take care that the speed is not set too high, that also caused issues for us sometimes, with jerky movement.

Best,
Johannes

evo85210

so is there any recommended method to do fine smooth motions?
it's a shame that it ignores zoning values below 4 mm. I don't think a 4mm blend would work when my targets are 1mm apart?

The iiwa isn't really made for machining stuff, however we did a polishing project and I don't think that we had problems with point density > 4mm. So give it a try!
The new PRC release supports CIR and SPL movements as well, however it needs a new version of the Sunrise code, which isn't 100% tested yet.

Best,
Johannes

werk5

yes you can definitely pack all the frames into a spline container and it will move through all them smootly, we do this all day long :)