DKP-400 turntable doesn't rotate with Fusion 360 commands

Started by Jonathan @ UT Austin School of Architecture, January 26, 2021, 07:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan @ UT Austin School of Architecture

Hello fellow robot enthusiasts,

I am trying to create a grasshopper definition that takes in rotary machining NC from Fusion 360 and uses a KR-60 to machine out the object on a DKP-400 rotary table. I have been successful with importing the Fusion commands and passing them to the core module, however, the turntable doesn't rotate at all like I would expect it to. It moves fine when I use linear commands that did not come from Fusion.

Is there a setting or something obvious I'm missing to achieve the typical rotary machining pattern where the tool remains in a relatively fixed position while the turntable spins around?

I have attached the .gh file and the XML from Fusion 360

-Jonathan

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Jonathan,

We only used Fusion with the 5-axis tool head, am I right to assume that you used a machine setup that implements a rotary base?
I will need to look into that, the problem is that we cannot just directly map those values because we need to match the rotary axis of the Fusion machine-model with the - probably offset - DKP-400's. Shouldn't be a huge issue, though.
So far we only used the turntable in an indexed way, setting a different E1 for each job to facilitate reachability.

Best,
Johannes

Johannes,

Thank you for your reply. You are correct that our setup has an arm and a DKP-400.  The ultimate dream would be to be able to perform something similar to the setup at the end of Singline's rotary table tutorial (https://youtu.be/LImgOPV1tgk?t=692), where the turntable spins and the robot stays in a similar orientation.

Anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated!

Hello Jonathan,

So you would like to do that from Fusion? Do you already have a file that works like that? Then I can look into it. We can generate the orientation of the external axis after the toolpath import, if necessary.

Best,
Johannes

Johannes,

Yes, the attached XML was made with the PRC post processor in Fusion and should work in the way I am intending (attached below). I used the multi-axis rotary operation in Fusion, which I believe is the correct one to use in this situation (although anyone is free to chime in if this is wrong or there is some setting within that operation I could be overlooking)

Thank you Johannes!

Hello Jonathan,

Can you please send me your Fusion file via eMail to johannes@robotsinarchitecture.org?
I think it's best if I can provide you with a custom example, rather than making up something generic.

Thanks!
Johannes

Johannes,
I sent you the email with my f3d file.

Thank you