Software limits exceeded on axes

Started by Jesakp, October 18, 2022, 03:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesakp

Hello Johannes,

As mentioned in my last post https://forum.robotsinarchitecture.org/index.php/topic,1324.msg3997.html#new, I am currently testing out my simulation on the Kuka robot. However, I have repeatedly run into the error "Software limit exceeded A5, A4..." but the robot doesn't appear to be exceeding any limits in the simulation (I also have collision checking turned on). Could you please let me know if there is a way to implement checking for the software limits in Kuka PRC?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

If the axis limits problems include A4, there is a good chance that singularities are involved For singularities a slightly different robot model, tool/base values etc. can cause a significant deviation between physical and simulated robot.

As the first step I'd suggest a quick plausibility check: Choose a (= one) position somehow representative of the area that is causing errors.
In the advance settings, tick the box "Skip End position" / "Halt at end position" (depending on KUKA|prc version) and run the program. The robot will stop at exactly that position.
Then compare the axis values shown in the simulation with those on the physical robot. If they are not very close, double-check tool and base values and the robot type.

Best,
Johannes

Jesakp

Hello Johannes,

Sorry for the late reply. I have done as you mentioned and the axes values are exactly the same in the simulation and on the robot. I am also currently running a different simulation and do not get the error anymore. Could it be that there was something in the previous path causing the changes?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Thanks for the update, good that it's working now!
Maybe you had a wrong tool or base number set?

Best,
Johannes