Simplifying the trajectory by reducing the planes

Started by oleg, July 07, 2023, 03:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oleg

Hello all
I have a question with quantity of planes
As I k`now, for create trajectory for robots on KUKA|prc we need create planes at each point trajectory.
But sometimes a lot of points leads to an increase in items for computer processing.
My problem is that I need to create programs with the number of terms up to 200 thousand, but 200 thousand planes is too heavy a volume to calculate the trajectory by a computer.

Maybe someone k`nows how to simplify trajectory...

I think it is possible to create a trajectory whose points are controlled by a set of planes for a certain number of layers.
Or, for example, if one plane controls the axis of the tool by points to the next plane, etc.

It`s real?)

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

There is a "Reduce Toolpath" component that you can use. Note that it only works on LIN movements, though.
200k positions shouldn't be a problem for a normal PC, though - if you have performance issues, hide Grasshopper planes (they can take up a lot of performance) and you could also disable the KUKA|prc frame display in the settings.

Best,
Johannes

Hello,

I cannot access your Drive files and requested access through my GMail account.

Best,
Johannes

oleg

Hello,
I just tested it and it's the enabled Collision Checking (along with rather high resolution meshes for your custom geometry) that is causing the performance issues. Basically the RAM fills up and then the PC takes ages to finish the calculations. I'd suggest disabling the Collision Checking and/or tuning the input geometry.
For simulation fidelity I would suggest enabling Movement Interpolation, though (but not together with Collision Checking).
Finally, your CPTP value seems to be out of range, not sure if the KUKA robot will complain about that or not.
Best,
Johannes

oleg

Hello
Thanks for your recomendation.
I will give feedback later.

Best regards

oleg

Next question
How i can add robot arm configuration data to code?
for now I add this value manually to the file.
Example code at the attached image (second image it`s code with powermill).

Thanks

Hello,

If you want to set the posture via Turn you can do that with any PTP component.
In my experience setting Status is fine in 95% of cases, turn is mostly important to prevent winding back an axis after a job (again: in my experience, yours can differ).

Best,
Johannes

oleg

Hello,

Thank you very much.
I will practice.

Best regards