Importing SRC files

Started by edulopes, November 24, 2016, 08:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edulopes

Hi all!

I´m starting my research using Kuka|prc and a KR15 with a KC1 controller.
After the initial communication challenges solved, the robot finally moves! Now I would like to know if it´s possible to import a SRC file (programmed originally on robots interface) to the Kuka|PRC in order to simulate the toolpaths.
My firts attempt was use the custom KRL command, but nothing happens. No errors in GH components, but no response at all.
Any clue?
Eduardo

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Eduardo,

The Custom KRL component only copies the text into the *.src file, it does not interpret it. However, there is a component called "Import KRL" in the member version - to which you should have access - that imports movement commands.
In your exemplary file, with much additional logic, it boiled down to these two commands which were output again by the component:
PTP {E6POS: X 1098.629, Y 0, Z 959.604, A 0, B 90, C 0, E1 0, E2 0, E3 0, E4 0, S 'B 010'} C_PTP
PTP {E6AXIS: A1 5, A2 -90, A3 100, A4 5, A5 10, A6 -5, E1 0, E2 0, E3 0, E4 0} C_PTP
You can also import positions from *.dat files, where position information is usually saved if you are teaching positions.
Just note that the component was mostly made to be able to quickly check *.src files generated by KUKA|prc, so if yours are differently formatted, the results may vary.

Best,
Johannes

edulopes

Thank you Johannes.
I´m using de 20161023 version and I didn´t find the "import KRL" component you mentioned above.
Am I using the correct version?

Best
E

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Do you have your license installed? It's a member-only component and only shows up with a valid license!

Best,
Johannes